…having been built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone. (Ephesians 2:20)
On This Date…
On Sunday, October 28, 1973, Bishop Thomas Mardaga of Wilmington dedicated the Justin E. Diny Science Center at Archmere. Headmaster, Father Justin Diny, O.Praem., along with principal and math teacher Father Robert Sliben, O.Praem., assisted Bishop Mardaga with the dedication.
The new science building was named in honor of Father Diny who had taught chemistry, math, and Latin before becoming the school’s headmaster in 1946. Prior to 1973, biology, chemistry, and physics were taught in The Manor building.
At Mass today, we heard that we are “built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the capstone.” At Archmere, we are also built on the foundation of teachers and administrators like Father Diny and Father Sliben.
– Father McLaughlin