“…built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the capstone”. (Ephesians 2:20)
On This Date…
On October 28, 1973, a Sunday, Bishop Thomas Mardaga of Wilmington dedicated the Justin E. Diny Science Center at Archmere. Assisting Bishop Mardaga was Father Justin Diny, O.Praem., headmaster, and Father Robert Sliben, O.Praem., principal and math teacher. The building was named in honor of Father Diny who taught chemistry, math, and Latin before becoming headmaster in 1946. Before the science building opened, biology, chemistry, and physics were taught in The Manor; frosh science was taught in what is now Room 004 in St. Norbert Hall.
In the first reading at Mass for October 28th Saint Paul writes that we are “built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the capstone”. At Archmere we are also built on the foundation of teachers and administrators like Father Diny and Father Sliben.
– Father McLaughlin