Daily and punctual attendance is essential for academic success. The Archmere student is expected to attend all classes except when illness or other serious matters prevent it. Students are excused from school if they have an illness, court appearance, or a serious matter to attend to with proper notification. Students must present a note to the main office from the doctor, dentist, or court documenting their visit upon his or her return to school.
Here are some key points to remember from our policy:
- Students must not miss more than 10 classes per semester. Notice will be sent home after the 5th absence.
- If a student is absent, a phone call is required from a parent to the school, before 10:00 am.
- As a rule, the only excuse for lateness is a note from a doctor, dentist, or a court appearance. Parental permission via a phone call or note will excuse student lateness three times.
- Lateness after 9:30 is only excused with a note from a doctor,dentist, a court appearance, or through a prior discussion with the Director of Student Life.
- Students arriving after 11:15 may not participate IN ANY ARCHMERE EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES after school.
- Students may not arrive after 12:00 pm without advance written approval.
- Students may not leave campus and return without a note from their parents and signing out of the Main Office. This applies after school as well until 4:30.
All students leaving school early must sign-out in the Main Office prior to leaving campus and must sign-in upon his or her return.
If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.