Dear Archmere parents,
Matthew’s Formal Wear is returning again this prom season to provide Archmere students with in school measuring, delivery and pick up of tuxedos. Our prices start at $49.99 for in stock tuxedos. We will be set up in the students’ cafeteria during all of the lunch periods on the following days: Thursday April 12th, Friday April 13th, Monday April 16th, Tuesday April 17th, Thursday April 19th, Friday April 20th.Delivering the Junior Prom Tuxedos on Thursday April 26th. Exchanges delivered on Friday April 27th. Return tuxedos on Monday April 30th, at school. Senior prom measurements are welcome any of the above dates, as well. Senior measurements will also be taken on Tuesday May 1st, Wednesday May 2nd, Monday May 7th through Thursday May 10th. Delivering Senior Prom Tuxedos on Wednesday May 16th. Exchanges delivered on Thursday May 17th. Tuxedos are to be turned in at the after prom. We have many samples and colors to choose from, including trim fit jackets and trousers. A deposit of $40.00 is required before delivery. Final payment is collected at delivery. Checks, cash, all credit cards are welcome at school, as are payments over the phone to our store. Last minute orders are always welcome, as we carry most of our tuxedos in stock. To get an idea of tuxedo styles, our website is www.matthewsformalwear.com Information will be distributed at school starting in March. In store orders are also welcome, delivery and pick up are still available at school.
Matthews Formal Wear
1810 West 4th St.
Wilmington, De 19805
Daily and punctual attendance is essential for academic success. The Archmere student is expected to attend all classes except when illness or other serious matters prevent it. Students are excused from school if they have an illness, court appearance, or a serious matter to attend to with proper notification. Students must present a note to the main office from the doctor, dentist, or court documenting their visit upon his or her return to school.
Here are some key points to remember from our policy:
- Students must not miss more than 10 classes per semester. Notice will be sent home after the 5th absence.
- If a student is absent, a phone call is required from a parent to the school, before 10:00 am.
- As a rule, the only excuse for lateness is a note from a doctor, dentist, or a court appearance. Parental permission via a phone call or note will excuse student lateness three times.
- Lateness after 9:30 is only excused with a note from a doctor,dentist, a court appearance, or through a prior discussion with the Director of Student Life.
- Students arriving after 11:15 may not participate IN ANY ARCHMERE EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES after school.
- Students may not arrive after 12:00 pm without advance written approval.
- Students may not leave campus and return without a note from their parents and signing out of the Main Office. This applies after school as well until 4:30.
All students leaving school early must sign-out in the Main Office prior to leaving campus and must sign-in upon his or her return.
If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.